Care managers are here to help.
What is behavioral health care management?
Behavioral health care management promotes wellness by helping you access appropriate treatment and community resources. Care management is a telephonic service and completely free to Lucet members.
Lucet care managers assist you in developing and meeting goals focused on improving your health. To do so, they take the following “CALM” steps:
- Coordinate health care services
- Assess needs and establish measurable goals
- Link providers, support systems and community resources to address gaps in care
- Monitor progress toward goals and address barriers as needed
What is the behavioral health care manager’s role?
Although behavioral health care managers do not provide counseling or mental health treatment services, they may do any or all of the following:
- Work with you to develop a self-management plan
- The plan should have clear timeframes to improve and maintain member’s health
- Coordinate care with your behavioral health providers
- Prepare you for interaction with providers to enhance treatment outcomes
- Facilitate communication between behavioral health providers and medical providers
- Identify and direct you towards community resources
- Resolve barriers whenever possible, including arranging for additional or special services
How do I access behavioral health care management?
This free benefit is offered through your health insurance plan. To see if care management is right for you, call the number on the back of your insurance card.